Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sharks!

Went solo today to see if the inshore sharking bite had begun. It has
and the sharks are here in force. Had a great day releasing 9 dusky
sharks to about 50 pounds. Had two double headers. Got both fish on
the first and went one for two on the second. I also had several other
bites and three breakoffs. The event of the day however was a bigger
shark that hit and swam right to the boat. It didn't even know it was
hooked and I got a real good look at it right next to the boat. It was
grey black on top and bright white on the bottom. Hard edge between
the dark and light. It was a five foot baby great white. Once it
realized it was hooked it gave me the fin and high tailed it outta
there. I did not have a shot with the light spinning rod I was using
and he broke me off. Pretty cool to see though. If you are interested
in big fish during the day and a short ride then inshore sharking is
for you. Catch and release only. Note the bottom two pics. This shark
had fresh bite marks from his buddy during the fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment