Thursday, May 12, 2011

NJ Saltwater Angler Registry

All anglers fishing in saltwater over the age of 16 need to register for the free saltwater fishing license in NJ.

However, any person fishing with me DOES NOT need a license as they are covered under my license.

The fines for not having this FREE license are STEEP and start at $300 for the first offense. I know this is absurd and there is a movement to lower them but be safe and make sure you have it. They ARE enforcing it.

It takes three minutes to get the license.

Here is the link to register:

http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/index.html

I will be installing a lawyer compartment and filing cabinet on my boat to hold the fifteen different papers from seven different governmental agencies in multiple states that I am required to have in order to enjoy my freedom on the water. They will make us all pirates eventually.

Captain Joe Hughes
IGFA Certified
Jersey Cape Guide Service
www.CaptainJoeHughes.com
609-827-3442

No comments:

Post a Comment