Sunday, October 13, 2013

Rough Water Merit Badge

It has been blowing hard northeast for almost a week. It was huge yesterday, no one went. Today it was just a little less huge. We went anyway. After some semi protected prospecting I decided to head to the point. At 7 knots. I was greeted by 4-6 footers with an occasional bigger wave when I turned the corner. Then I saw the birds. Amazing how that makes it seem not so bad out. Huge bird plays and only two boats around us. We hooked up instantly. Big blues. All we wanted. I then moved closer to the point and the waves got bigger. I had some pass under us that were higher than the t top. When I looked around we were the only boat at the point. On Sunday of Columbus Day weekend. Unbelievable. Then another boat arrived. It was the Coast Guard rollover boat doing heavy weather exercises. They stopped to watch us catch fish on every cast. Heading out tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment